Jane Dunn's triple chocolate brownie doughnuts
Delicious, easy and absolutely showstopping. Jane Dunn is back in the kitchen to make her Bronuts - triple chocolate brownie doughnuts. This dreamy combination of your two favourite desserts is sure to have everyone fighting for a taste.
For the Bronuts:
200g dark chocolate
200g unsalted butter
4 medium eggs
275g light brown soft sugar
100g plain flour
50g cocoa powder
200g milk chocolate chips
125g white chocolate
125g milk chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 180℃ or 160℃ fan, grease 2 or 3 6-hole doughnut moulds and place the moulds on baking trays.
2. Place the dark chocolate and unsalted butter in a bowl, and melt together in a microwave until smooth. Once melted, leave this to cool for 10 minutes.
3. Place the eggs and light brown soft sugar in a mixing bowl and whisk together for a few minutes until the mixture doubles in volume and becomes lighter in colour and mousse-like.
4. Once whipped, pour in the cooled chocolate mixture and carefully fold together. Add in the plain flour and cocoa powder and fold together again. Finally, add in the chocolate chips and fold through.
5. Add the brownie mixture to a large piping bag, and pipe the mixture into the prepared doughnut moulds, to fill just below the mould line.
6. Bake the bronuts in the oven for 16-18 minutes. Once baked, leave to cool fully in the moulds.
7. For the decoration, melt the white and milk chocolates in separate bowls that are big enough to dunk the bronuts into.
8. Dunk half of the bronuts into the white chocolate, and half into the milk chocolate, placing each onto a lined tray.
9. Use the leftover chocolate to drizzle on any decorations. Add a chocolate, sprinkles or whatever you fancy to each Bronut and let the chocolate set.